Now you may setup your DNS server to eight.8.8.Eight in Linux by following the under steps. The DNS interprets domains into IP addresses and acts as a listing service for the web, which is answerable for resolving domains to IP addresses. Should you see by default, your Linux system will use the DNS servers offered by your web service supplier, however you may need to use a unique DNS server for numerous causes. By opting 8.8.8.Eight as your DNS server, you faucet into the providers offered by Google’s Public DNS, recognized for its velocity, reliability, and safety.
Test the present DNS Server
First, it’s essential to test the present DNS server earlier than setting it to eight.8.8.8. Test the present DNS server by coming into the next command within the terminal window:
cat /and so forth/resolv.conf
Edit /and so forth/resolv.conf file
A configuration file referred to as /and so forth/resolv.conf accommodates details about which DNS servers to make use of.
Now you need to edit the required file to set the DNS server to eight.8.8.8. Enter the next command into the terminal window:
sudo nano /and so forth/resolv.conf
If you run the above command, the /and so forth/resolv.conf file will open within the nano editor. Subsequent, add the next command at the start of the file and save the file.
Setup the DNS Server utilizing Community Supervisor
In case you are utilizing the desktop model, then the graphical interface of Community Supervisor can be utilized to configure the DNS server. Observe the under steps to configure the setup:
- Choose the community icon within the system tray.
- Click on the Community Configuration or Community Setting.
- Select your community connection and click on the gear icon.
- Now, relying on the community configuration, choose the IP model – IPv4 or IPv6.
- Choose the “Handbook” within the DNS Part and add 8.8.8.Eight within the server record.
- Lastly apply and shut the window.
Setup the DNS server utilizing systemd-resolved
In case you are utilizing the most recent model of Linux that helps systemd-resolved, then you may comply with the under steps to configure the DNS server:
- First, open the terminal window and enter the next command:
sudo systemctl edit systemd-resolved
- The above command will open a brand new file within the textual content editor. Now add the command to the file:
- Save and exit the file. Then restart the systemd-resolved with the under command:
sudo systemctl restart systemd-resolved
Confirm the DNS Server
After configuring the DNS server to eight.8.8.8, you need to lastly be sure that the whole lot works properly. Confirm the configuring with the next command:
Word: Substitute the instance.com with any area title.
Hope these steps helped you set your DNS server to eight.8.8.Eight which is able to result in a quicker, extra dependable, and doubtlessly safer web looking expertise. Should you want any help within the setup be at liberty to succeed in us.
Test: Troubleshoot Shopper VPN Connection – Linux
To get extra updates you may comply with us on Fb, Twitter, LinkedIn
Subscribe to get free weblog content material to your Inbox