Learn the article to know the steps to extend the tmp partition in cPanel. Bobcares, as part of our cPanel & WHM Help Providers provides options to each question that comes our means.
Learn how to improve the tmp partition in cPanel?
The cPanel /tmp filesystem has a default dimension of 4GB, or 5% of the /usr filesystem dimension, whichever is much less. To allow this filesystem to retailer further info, we have to increase its dimension. We should additionally keep in mind to hold out this improve throughout a scheduled devoted time because it requires quickly stopping the providers that write to /tmp.
This steps solely works on servers on which cPanel has generated /tmp. cPanel-generated /tmp filesystems have /dev/loop of their names.
Steps to extend tmp partition in cPanel
1. Modify this line in /scripts/securetmp to set tmpdsksize to the specified dimension. For instance, for 10 GB:
2. Remark out this part of /scripts/securetmp:
3. Verify which providers are at present utilizing /tmp:
4. Quickly disable monitoring for the providers utilizing /tmp, for instance:
5. Cease the providers that use /tmp, for instance:
6. Unmount /tmp and /var/tmp:
7. Transfer /usr/tmpDSK file to a different location (in case you have to mount it elsewhere to protect information):
8. Run this script to create the bigger /tmp filesystem:
9. Restart the providers you stopped beforehand, for instance:
10. Re-enable monitoring for the providers, for instance:
[Looking for a solution to another query? Reach out to us if you have any further questions.]
To conclude, we offer the steps to extend the cPanel tmp partition on this article.
PREVENT YOUR SERVER FROM CRASHING!
By no means once more lose clients to poor server velocity! Allow us to aid you.
Our server specialists will monitor & keep your server 24/7 in order that it stays lightning quick and safe.