Here’s a fast introduction to the cPanel backup database by cronjob from our specialists. Our Server Administration Help staff is right here to assist together with your queries and points.
The way to backup database in cPanel by Cronjob
Do you know that cPanel gives a cron job to run instructions or scripts at particular instances? This enables us to take backups at common intervals. The database is answerable for storing the web site’s vital data. Therefore, taking a backup at common intervals is extraordinarily vital. Let’s take a fast take a look at the steps to do that:
- First, log in to cPanel.
- Then, head to the Superior tab and choose Cron Jobs.
- After that, enter your e mail within the Cron e mail part if you wish to obtain an e mail every time the cron runs a command. Alternatively, you may select to redirect the command’s output to forestall particular person emails for every cron job performed.
- Subsequent, we’ve got so as to add a brand new cron job and the widespread settings. Our specialists suggest choosing as soon as per day.
- Then, enter the next command within the command field:
mysqldump -uroot -ppassword --opt dbname > /house/mysql_backup/dbname-$( date +"%Y_percentm_percentd" ).sql
The place we make the next modifications:
- root: modify it to database consumer
- password: modify it to database consumer password
- dbname: modify it to database identify
- /house/mysql_backup/: modify it to the trail the place the backup file is to be added.
- Lastly, we’ve got to click on the Add New Cron Job button. Now, cPanel cron will take a backup of the database every single day.
Restoring the database from the backup is a simple job as nicely. All we’ve got to do open Backup in cPanel within the Information part. Then, head to Restore a MySQL Database Backup, and navigate to the backup file on the native machine and click on Add.
Tell us within the feedback if you happen to run into hassle or want any help.
[Need assistance with a different issue? Our team is available 24/7.]
To wrap issues up, our Help Engineers demonstrated the way to backup a database in cPanel by Cronjob. We additionally bought a take a look at the way to restore the database from a backup file.
PREVENT YOUR SERVER FROM CRASHING!
By no means once more lose clients to poor server velocity! Allow us to provide help to.
Our server specialists will monitor & keep your server 24/7 in order that it stays lightning quick and safe.